Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Miserable Marlin(?)


Finally, finally, my 'Old Man and the Sea' agony's finally over. Well, it's quite true that the book's easy to read. I finished it in just one seating from 7 am to 12 noon. Reading it is quite easy but psyching yourself to read the oh-so boring 108-page book is the hardest part. I already had the book in my filthy hands last November 28 but I just had the drive (& guts:)) to read the book just now. I dunno if it's because of my lazy ass or a bad spirit covered the book, preventing meto read. Oh well, at least it's over.


The story's good. But the ending...um...whatever. The story's about an Old fisherman who 'lost his luck' years ago. He tries to fish again hoping for a big fish because it's the 85th day(?). Then he captures an enormous Marlin but as he steers home, sharks started to attack his boat & began to eat the marlin's meat. All he's left with was the bone:( The ending's depressing actually. Nakakainis. All his pain, all that blood he lost, all those cramps he had suffered, all those concentration & precision were just wasted.

* Actually, the book cost Php269 and it's soo thin. Somewhat worth it. Somewhat not.

My next problem: The Les Miserables Project. Can someone help me please! Can someone lend me a dvd of that film! The
school has a VHS copy. VHS? goodluck.

Labels: , ,



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
12:56 PM.